Application Type : External Vacancy
Job ID/Title : 976 – FAO Accountability and Monitoring Assistant
Category : Other Brand : FAO
Post Level : SB3/1
Application Deadline : 13-Apr-18
Duty Station : Gaza Strip
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Number :(for 100 Series Contracts)
Languages Required :Arabic, English,
Starting Date :(date when the selected canditate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 Year (extendable)
FAO’s Coordination Office for the West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS) Programme assists the Palestinian Government to formulate and implement policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office, the direct supervision of the Field Operations Coordinator, and the technical supervision of the Economist, and in close collaboration with other relevant personnel, the Accountability and Monitoring Assistant will support the accountability and monitoring of projects implemented in the Gaza Strip.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Accountability and Monitoring Assistant will devote 50% of working time to perform the duties and tasks indicated below specifically in support of project GCP/GAZ/014/MUL.
The incumbent will perform the following duties and tasks under the technical supervision of the FAO Economist and the functional supervision of the FAO Field Operations Coordinator:
• Assist in the planning, design and implementation of baseline and endline surveys, post-distribution monitoring, quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis of achievements, as well as programme and project reviews and evaluations of Gaza-based activities;
• Assists in organizing and maintaining records of beneficiaries in the Gaza Strip for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes;
• Contributes to the implementation of the Grievance Redressal Procedure;
• Collects agriculture, food security and trade related data for the Gaza Strip and assist in related analysis and reporting;
• Assist in the implementation of field-level assessments as required;
• Contributes to identifying needs and opportunities for new interventions and to formulating of concept notes and project proposals;
• Participates in cluster meetings and working groups as needed;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Assistance is provided in a timely manner to monitoring, analyses, reviews and evaluations of FAO projects and programme.
• Records of beneficiaries for the Gaza Strip are continuously updated and maintained.
• Assistance is provided to the timely implementation of the Grievance Redressal Procedure.
• Agriculture, food security and trade related data are collected and disseminated in a timely manner.
• Assistance is provided to field-level assessments and the formulation of concept notes and project propos Competencies :
FAO Core Competencies
• Demonstrates commitment to FAO’s mission, vision and values;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Results focused;
• Building effective relationships;
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
a) Knowledge Management and Learning
– Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
– Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice, areas, and acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
b) Operational Effectiveness
– Ability to apply conceptual models in support of formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
– Strong IT skills.
c) Management and Leadership
– Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
– Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
– Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
– Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
– Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
d) Communication Competencies
– Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors;
– Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations;
– Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and interpersonal skills.
University degree in economics, statistics, development studies or closely related field.
At least 3 years of experience in data collection, management analysis and reporting in support of implementation and monitoring of agriculture and food security projects.
Arabic mother tongue and working knowledge of English.
• Experience in data analysis and data management;
• Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative field assessments.
• Experience in liaising with governmental and non-governmental actors for data gathering, analysis and project monitoring.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of SPSS. Knowledge of other relevant software is an asset;
• Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision and within tight deadlines.
Important message to all applicants!
– You will get the opportunity to upload the P-11 at when you apply for the position.
– Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted.
“UNDP/PAPP is an equal opportunity employer: applications from both internal and external men and women will be considered equally”
UNDP actively supports the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities adopted by the United Nations General Assembly