Job Title: Chief of Party – Global Competencies
Department: Overseas Operations
Reports To: Head of Programs
Country/Location: Jerusalem/West Bank/Gaza (JWBG) Country Program, based in Ramallah or Jerusalem.
Deadline for Applications: March 26, 2018
NOTE: This position is contingent on funding as part of a competitive solicitation process.
As Chief of Party you will provide leadership and overall management of the anticipated USAID-funded, 5-year Global Competencies project, which will work with Palestinian universities, technical colleges, and the private sector to introduce selected 21st century skills and global competencies into learning and teaching to make graduates more competitive in the local, regional, and global labor markets. The project will also work on building capacity at selected higher education institutions to provide students with opportunities to enhance their employability, provide career guidance, and make them better prepared to engage in the labor market. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in the education and youth development sector. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate risks.
- Lead the development, implementation and close-out of the project, including contributions to the thought leadership of the industry.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the donor as well as Palestinian public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented according to donor requirements and expectations in terms of quality and timely results, deliverables, and budget management as well as sustainability.
- Ensure the project follows CRS’ Project Management standards and adheres to CRS’ Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) policy and procedures, with strong coordination between program and operations leads.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual performance and development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans, and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with donor regulations, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to the donor. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and modification requests to the donor.
- Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS’ branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate relationships with Palestinian partner organizations, including organization of planning workshops and project review sessions. Contribute to coordination of other consortium member organizations in implementation of the project in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high quality training and technical assistance.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
– Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in the field of education, youth
workforce development, or international development
– Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study (International Development,
International Relations, Education, Social Sciences or a relevant technical area).
– Proven experience as Chief of Party or leadership in the administration of multi-million dollar
international donor supported projects with skills in strategic planning, project management,
organizational management, supervision of large teams, and budgeting
– Prior experience working in West Bank and Gaza or in the Middle East
– Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead
– Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical
and managerial requirements of the agreement
– Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Must be able to use the
language fluently and accurately, and be able to read all styles and forms on levels pertinent to
– Full or moderate professional proficiency in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic is
required. Must be able to use the language fluently and accurately, and be able to read all
styles and forms on levels pertinent to professional needs.
– Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership
strategy a plus.
– Ability to represent and present at high levels.
– Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing
Applications, and information and budget management systems
Chief of Party
آخر موعد للتقديم
26 – Mar – 2018
رام الله والبيرة, القدس
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to complete the application form and submit their CV and a cover letter that directly addresses the positions requirements online through Apply Now button below no later than March 26, 2018.