The goal of Gaza Household WASH Activity (GHW) is to improve human health, environmental health, and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. The activity intends to address priorities in Gaza that align with the Coastal Municipalities Water Utility (CMWU) and OCHA’s Humanitarian Rapid Response Plan (2018-2020).
The priorities include:
- The provision of durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels.
- Increase emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The geographic focus of all interventions will be in Gaza, and to the extent possible, in the Access Restricted Areas (ARAs), flood-prone areas, and areas exposed to environmental health risks in Gaza.
Blumont Global Development is seeking to hire a Chief of Party (COP) who will be responsible for the overall management of the activity. S/he will be in charge of developing the various interventions that result in the desired outcomes and impact. In addition, the COP will lead his/her team and provide overall supervision on the implementation of the interventions.
This position is pending award of a three-year cooperative agreement through USAID.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to ensure all project goals and objectives meet Blumont’s and USAID’s standards and objectives;
- Ensures implementation of targeted strategies to respond to stabilization priorities as identified by key stakeholders.
- Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations.
- Provides capacity-building workshops for prime and sub-partner staff to improve performance management.
- Ensures appropriate capacity building of national staff to achieve project quality and to build sustainable national technical, administrative and management talent;
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project;
- Provides policy guidance, training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members;
- Conducts the project needs assessment for project implementation according to the contract;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project;
- Liaise with USAID, regional and central authorities, other development organizations involved in similar assistance programs in the region, and local communities to ensure support, coordination and satisfaction;
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to Blumont HQ;
- Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual reports according to the contract requirements;
- Identifies new projects and makes recommendations as needed;
- Develops new proposals for additional funding in existing programs and for new projects in country;
- Prepares annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks; and
- Demonstrated experience implementing programs with a community stabilization focus or component in Gaza or in the region.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources.
- Advanced degree (masters or above) in international development, public administration or any other related field,
- At least 10 years’ experience in the types of interventions being proposed, implementing similar activities, and experience in managing complex international donor funded development activities in challenging environments.
- Must have demonstrated outstanding leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, team-building, and communications skills, with proven ability to coordinate with other key stakeholders such as governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Prior experience in the West Bank and Gaza, and/or the region, is desirable
- Professional working proficiency in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic is desirable.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is required. A degree in a field relevant to the position is highly desirable.
- At least 8-10 years of relevant technical experience in proposed position in a conflict affected environment.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience relevant to proposed position on similar international, donor funded programs; USG experience highly desirable.
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff in a conflict affected environment.
- Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using word Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet, Windows applications.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community stabilization issues in Afghanistan and the region.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
- Experience jointly coordinating and collaborating with civil-military-host country stakeholders.
- Experience training staff.
- Fluency in English .
Chief of Party
آخر موعد للتقديم
18 – Apr – 2018
Deadline to apply: April 18, 2018
Application submission ( via Email)
Email to : [email protected]