Internal / External Advert
Oxfam is an international confederation of 19 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. We aim to empower people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. Oxfam has been present in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) since the 1950s, and established a country office in the 1980s. We work with the most vulnerable communities in the OPT.
Oxfam invites applications from experienced candidates with strong analytical skills and conceptual depth for the following position:
Gender Justice Project Officer (PO)
40 hrs per week (100%) for one year
Renewable subject to funding and performance
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Jerusalem
with frequent travel to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip
Purpose of the job:
The PO will contribute towards achieving Oxfam’s Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel (OPTI) Country Strategy objectives, and achieving the Gender Justice Programme strategy under Oxfam’s Gender Justice programme.
The PO reports directly to the Gender Justice Programme Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Project management (70%):
- You will coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities, including field visits, according to the approved project proposals, budgets, and action plans;
- You will provide technical support including capacity building to Oxfam’s implementing partners (NGOs and CBOs) and facilitate and/or arrange for external technical support if required in close consultation with the Gender Justice Program Manager;
- You will ensure that narrative and financial reporting and other donor requirements (such as audits) are met in line with donor agreements and Oxfam policies and routing procedures as advised by the Institutional Funding staff;
- You will oversee budget disbursal in line with the agreed action plans, targets, and deadlines in close coordination with the Financial Officer/s;
- You will initiate, implement and facilitate activities concerning knowledge & information management and exchange with implementing partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of the projects based on lessons learned;
- You will coordinate and facilitate project meetings and field visits at the country level with project partners and related stakeholders;
- You will ensure that the (digital) archiving of the project activities is correctly done and maintained.
- You will ensure that programmes and activities adhere to Oxfam Country Strategy, MENA region Gender Justice Strategy, and Gender Justice Backbone Document.
- You will follow up on partners’ activities under the programmes and hold regular meetings to discuss partnership.
Contribute to the development of Gender Justice programmes and proposals to institutional donors (20%)
- You will engage in proactive fundraising, programme development and submissions to institutional donors in line with Oxfam’s programme cycle; together with Oxfam’s partner organizations and key stakeholders in full coordination with the Gender Justice Manager and Institutional Funding staff and other relevant Oxfam staff.
Manage the relationship with Internal External Stakeholders (10%)
- You will represent Oxfam’s work on Gender Justice and Conflict and Fragility both internally and externally;
- You will coordinate with a range of internal and external stakeholders and allies to ensure that the implementation of the two projects are complimentary to and in line with Oxfam’s OPTI country strategy and Oxfam’s Gender Justice Strategy in the MENA region;
- When required, you will prepare stories, presentations and/or input for any other written materials for external communication on the projects and communicate complex information to a wide audience;
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range ILS 126,309 – 189,463 gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Gender Justice Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم
25 – Jul – 2018
ILS 126,309 – 189,463
Applications in writing (English) with full curriculum vitae to [email protected] to the attention of Chris Eijkemans, Country Director and quoting job title before July 25th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted