Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
HR & Finance Assistant
For a period of 10 months
In the framework of Action Against Hunger programme to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the HR&Finance Assistant Logician will support to ensure the application of Action Against Hunger HR and financial procedures, guidelines, controls, national requirements. S/He will support the final aim to guarantee an efficient and effective operational support to the projects of the Base.
Human Resources tasks
- Prepare under the supervision of the HR Manager all national staff employment contracts, amendments and extension
- Support in the Base Recruitment processes and prepare all needed documents during the recruitment processes and participate in job interviews.
- Follow-up and update on regular basis, the Gaza staff files, and make sure that all documents are available and signed and correctly archived (digital and physical)
- Manage the base Health Insurance, provide support to the staff in the health insurance policy and following up on employee health insurance reimbursements
- Manage attendance sheet and leaves requests by Gaza staff members
- Prepare Gaza base monthly payrolls and salary advances under the supervision of the HR Manager
- Support the Head of Base (HoB) and HR Manager in the implementation of the Annual Training Plan, the SRM and in the annual Performance Appraisals
- Submit in a weekly and monthly basis the accountancy to the Finance Officer and the Administrative & Accounting Officer
- Prepare cash and bank books for the Gaza office and sending these to the Base Administrator monthly, and enter expenses to the accounting software according to the accountancy Handbook and the correct uses of analytical codes.
- Following up on monthly accountants, submit original documents to Capital after having been photocopying and filing
- Answering incoming telephone calls and giving information to callers, taking messages or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Typing and sending letters on request or as required
- Organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, folders, archives, books and any sort of documentation to comply with Action Against Hunger archiving policy
Profile of the Candidate:
- B.A degree in finance business administration, Information technology or any related field
- At least 2 years experience in finance and HR related field.
- Experience in working with SAGA and/or Agresso accountancy software
- Experience in local Partners Management
- Basic Knowledge about Logistics
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Good Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Able to travel across the Gaza Strip.
- Ideally able to travel to the West Bank and Jerusalem and stay overnight.
HR & Finance Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم
04 – Apr – 2018
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 4th of April 2018.
PLEASE indicate the reference ADM/TTPP/18/01 in all correspondence to consider your application as we have many other vacancies at the same time.
This position is pending donor approval.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.