Title of Assignment Human Rights trainer
Duration 3 full days
From: November 2018
To: February 2019
Background and Justification
The Center for Defense of Liberties & Civil Rights “Hurryyat” is a human rights none governmental organization located in Ramallah. Hurryyat is an active organization in strengthening the culture of respect to HR-IHL and the Palestinian basic law which guarantee human basic rights, focusing on the United Nations Convention against Torture (UNCAT), especially after Palestine’s accession to 15 international treaties including UNCAT, where falls the obligation of Palestinian human rights organizations towards protecting, respecting and fulfilling the enumerated rights.
Hurryyat is in need of a Human Rights trainer to provide a three days training of trainers in coordination with the Ministry of Interior for all security services.
The trainer, in consultation with the project team will prepare an outline for the following topics:
- Define clearly the unified code of conduct for security personnel to enhance their relationship with citizens and respect of their rights and liberties assuring trust and neutrality.
- Define appropriate mechanisms to guarantee transparency and neutrality of security officials.
- Enhance the culture of rights and duties in harmony with the Palestinian law and the accessed International conventions of rights.
- Criminalization of torture in international law
Scope of Work and Objectives.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and project coordinator, the consultant will:
- Prepare a schedule of work
- Gather and review relevant materials
- Provide a 3 full days of training to 25-30 officials
- Provide the project coordinator with a report about the training no later than two days after the training implementation.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Masters degree in law, human rights, or comparable academic preparation.
- At least five (5) years of progressively advanced professional human rights experience,
- Proven familiarity with the International Conventions of Rights and on international development, humanitarian issues.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) are a necessity, and proven analytical skills in conceptualizing and developing literature reviews. Strong visual communication experience (such as developing powerpoint presentation or prior experience of working with International Human rights trainings ) is preferred.
The consultant will receive the payment after the implementation of the three days training and submitting all reports. Payment will be made upon satisfactory completion of deliverables.
Human Rights Trainer
آخر موعد للتقديم
27 – Oct – 2018
رام الله والبيرة
Please submit your CV to the email address
before 27 Oct 2018