Reference number: 02-2018-MO-0032
Position: MEAL Officer – (Officer Level 2)
Closing date: 13th September 2018
Duration: 6 months, renewable with one month of probation period
Gross salary: According to the final recruitment evaluation
Cesvi Palestine is seeking for energetic and experienced male and female candidates for a position of MEAL Officer in the implementation of “Integrated approach to ensure the consumption of safe drinking water, improved sanitation services and hygienic practices in unserved communities of Area C” project.
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
The implemented activities are mainly: construction of water purification systems, sewage networks, roads rehabilitation, drainage systems, latrines, cisterns, septic tanks and water pipes; support in the management and construction of a municipal solid waste system and implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron, and Bethlehem and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, UNRWA and HIF (Humanitarian Innovation Fund).
The project “Integrated approach to ensure the consumption of safe drinking water, improved sanitation services and hygienic practices in unserved communities of Area C” funded by Unicef aims at assessing and identifying households WASH practices and supporting the Hebron communities in Area C with water filters and hand-washing stations along with hygiene campaigns.
This project aims at the achievement of the following results:
– Improvement of water treatment capacity at the household level;
– Water safe storage is extended to healthcare facilities and primary schools;
– Identification of households practicing open-defecation and support to adopt healthier practices;
– Promotion of hygiene practices.
Main tasks and duties:
– Development and implementation of MEAL framework and tools for Cesvi projects in Palestine (comprehensive log frame, M&E plan and indicator tracking table, data collection tools, information flow, reporting and review) in accordance with specific donor requirements;
– Lead the projects baseline study, outcome monitoring, impact measurement, evaluation, situational and risk analysis process;
– Provide technical guidance to projects teams including partners in planning and implementation of baseline/midline and other data requirements to support programme analysis, the development and use of monitoring tools and instruments (e.g., objective/target setting, monitoring formats, etc.), as well reporting of programme progress;
– Synthesize and analyse M&E quantitative and qualitative data received on a monthly basis and establish a data collection system flow and recording
– Support Project Managers in preparation of donor reporting by providing information coming from monitoring findings and data collected from field staff in a timely manner;
– Determine research needs, develop ToRs, supervise consultants and research teams; undertaking capacity building activities for staff and other stakeholders with a view to improve monitoring and documentation of programs;
– Ensure effective monitoring through regular field visits, conducting data verification, quality assessments and reporting the findings;
– Work with partners to ensure quality programming as well as the mainstreaming of cross-cutting themes/sectors (Gender/WASH/Heath/Education/etc.);
– Lead in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism which can improve current project implementation and guide future programming;
– Lead in the collection of positive impact stories and photos from projects and prepare them to be used for shared learning;
– Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
– Bachelor’s degree Social Sciences field, Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, , or international development preferred;
– 3 years’ field experience in Program Design and Development, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, and Capacity Building;
– Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans;
– Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
– Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight;
– Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication;
– Fluency in Arabic;
– Available to travel frequently;
– Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently;
– High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package), and ability to use computer programs to collect, document and share assessment and monitoring results.
– Prior experience in OPT and/or other complex areas in the Middle East;
– Proficient in the use of statistical software (e.g. R, SPSS) and GIS (e.g. QGIS, gvSIG, GRASS, ArcGIS)
The assignment is a full-time post expected to start in second half of September 2018. Subject to satisfactory performance, the period of employment may be extended. Please note that it is a project-based post, and does not imply continued employment with Cesvi after the end of the contract period.
Availability to travel to Jerusalem twice a week.
آخر موعد للتقديم
13 – Sep – 2018
Submit your CV and Cover Letter to:
Cesvi Palestine – Hebron Office, University Street, next to Al Qawasmih Hall, Hebron. Phone/Fax +970-2-2213031, and/or E-mail to: [email protected] quoting the reference: MEAL Officer.
All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and a CV in English and contact details for three referees. Applications without cover letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
The selection process consists of interviews, written test and references check.