Caritas Baby Hospital (CBH) is the only exclusively pediatric hospital in the West Bank. It grants quality inpatient and outpatient medical treatment to babies and children irrespective of their origin, gender, religion or political conviction. CBH is operated by Children’s Relief Bethlehem (CRB), a Christian relief agency based in Lucerne, Switzerland.
CBH organizational culture thrives for efficient and humane services. The hospital also sets standards for the medical and nursing services offered in the region, which makes it a competitive employment opportunity and a training center for over 250 staff members.
Caritas Baby Hospital is looking for:
- Assures collaboration among all departments, reaching high quality and efficient clinical services, meeting patients care needs.
- Establishes and leads departmental directions and changes, in collaboration with the ward managers and other managers, consistent with hospital and department objectives.
- Participates in leadership activities such as committees, teaching and research.
- Lead the nursing staff and managers in delivering excellent care to patients and offering quality support to the medical staff.
- Evaluates the work performance of all departments he/ she is responsible for.
- Establishes formal mechanism for interdepartmental communication and cooperation.
- Maintains excellent communications with:
- Administrative and medical teams
- All the Managers in the Hospital
- The nursing infrastructure as universities or other hospitals
- Prepares annual budget expenses for areas of his/her responsibility
- Writes annual reports
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and assures sufficient staff is hired.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, residents or families
- Controls the different leaves for all the employees under his/her responsibility
- Writes and assists in reviewing standards, procedures and policies particularly regarding clinical practice in order to implement nursing care activities in a correct, effective and efficient way.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment designed to prevent transmission of infection
- Establishes and maintains programs that provide orientation, in-service training and continuous education of the staff in the department under his/her responsibility in collaborations with the CCE (Center of Continuous Education )
- Cooperate with the Deans of the Nursing Departments of Universities in matters concerning education of nursing students in collaborations with the CCE (Center of Continuous Education).
- Conduct periodic meetings with the managers of different departments under his/her responsibility.
- Participates as a member of Executive Committee in decisions, making structures and processes within different committees.
- Controls over-time hours and annual leaves of the staff to avoid accumulation
- Rotates the staff according to the needs of the departments.
- Checks monthly the in-patient expenses in order to control the budget.
- Courteous and professional approach to superiors peers and subordinates.
- Jointly with the EC and the Managers, ensures a professional and humane approach by the staff to clients.
- Supervises the work of the managers and all the staff under his/her responsibility.
- Supervises nursing students and trainees.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety
- Bachelors’ degree in nursing is a must
- Masters’ degree in in Nursing, Nursing Management or healthcare management is a must
- At least 15 years of nursing experience with minimum of 5 years as a senior/ management role.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English is a must
- Able to cope with working under stressful situations and conditions
- Proven excellent communication skills.
- This position might require working after hours or not during the specified working days.
- This position might include occasional travels to attend meeting abroad
آخر موعد للتقديم
05 – Aug – 2018
تنفيذي أول (رئيس مجلس إدارة،مدير)
Interested candidates are asked to send their CVs in Word or PDF form to [email protected] no later than 05/08/2018. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted. Please note that CBH will not accept telephone inquiries regarding this position.