National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR ):
The National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR) is a non-profit, in governmental society working toward the rights of Persons with Disabilities through different strategies (rights, advocacy, and community empowerment ). NSR was established in 1990 and registered at the Ministry of Interior in 1993. NSR adopts Community Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) which is implemented in 25 geographical locations in the Gaza strip which covers four governorates of Gaza, Middle Area, Khanyounis, and Rafah.. NSR has a wild range of networks with many community levels as well as government ministries and UNRWA departments. NSR is one of the main players in disability and rehabilitation movement and a member in all clusters and bodies related to the Gaza strip as well as Cooperating with Disability Representative Network Body and Palestinian Non-Governmental NGOs.
Therefore a partnership agreement with Handicap International, runs projects under its operating name “Humanity & Inclusion” was developed in order to implement the project entitled “Addressing urgent injury care and rehabilitation needs of the causalities of border clashes (March of Return) in the Gaza Strip”, funded by center de crisis CDC- France and United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs OCHA under the Trust Fund For Disaster Relief (sub-account for the oPt Humanitarian Fund). The project aims at mitigating the outset of physical disabilities due to injuries as a result of the March of Return demonstrations through provision of critical and lifesaving injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services for children and adults in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR )is currently looking for a qualified two candidates to fill the position of Physiotherapist (P.T)
Duty Station/ Location: 2 P.T in Khanyounis, and 2 P.T in Middle Area Governorate.
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st August, 2018
Under the supervision of National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR )Project Coordinator, the Physiotherapist will work in National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR) in order to conduct assessment of the needs to physical therapy services, conduct PT sessions, and follow up visits to persons with injuries PwIs and fulfill the following responsibilities :
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit PwIs in their homes who have registered their need to PT services for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate with the National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR) outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs and other vulnerable groups when needed.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure PT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Use the physio-tool resources and share with beneficiaries, their families and caregivers according to their needs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working services’ beneficiaries.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members intervention quality with services’ beneficiaries.
- Report to National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR ) Project coordinateur, using the monitoring tools and reports forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
آخر موعد للتقديم
17 – Jul – 2018
Interested candidates may send their CV and a motivation letter to no later than [email protected] Tuesday 17th July, 2018.
Please include the job title as Physiotherapist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
National Society for Rehabilitation (NSR ) and HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
Recently, HI in collaboration with its partners partners delivered a training course on Emergency Preparedness and Humanitarian Response for 250 selected volunteers, of those in particular are highly welcome to apply.