UN-Habitat is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Ramallah Office:
Position: Project Coordinator
Contract Type: UNDP Service Contract
Contract Level : SB4/1
Deadline to apply: February 18, 2019
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The post is located in the Special Human Settlements Programme for the Palestinian People.
Within this context, UN-Habitat Palestine Country Office will be implementing a joint programme with UN Women, UNFPA, and UNODC with the generous funding of the Government of Canada. The Joint Programme “Ending Violence Against Women” aims at ending violence against women, which has an ultimate outcome to reduce vulnerability of women and girls in West Bank and Gaza to all forms of violence against women and from the threat of such violence. This will be achieved through progress against three intermediate outcomes focusing on:
1. Decreased harmful practices and attitudes that perpetuate and validate violence against women and girls within targeted households and communities; and
2. Increased access by women and girls of gender-responsive ending violence against women services (economic, medical, psychosocial, security, shelter) free of discrimination;
3. Strengthened institutional capacity to develop and implement legal and policy frameworks that promote and protect women’s and girls’ rights with regards to ending violence against women.
The Project Coordinator will be part of a team working on achieving the objectives of the joint programme with a special focus on following on the implementation of UN-Habitat’s components within the joint programme. He/she will build up and maintain a close coordination with local organizations and professionals working on planning related matters, liaise with relevant counterparts with the Palestinian Authority, sister agencies and project partners on project activities, as requested by the Senior National Urban Programme Officer.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
The key expected results are:
- Supporting the Project Manager in effective and timely execution of the UN-Habitat components in the joint programme by providing appropriate technical support through periodic field visits, monitoring and coordinating project activities;
- Coordinate among all project partners and stakeholders to ensure streamlined and efficient implementation of all programme activities and help achieve the programme’s goals and expected results according to the programme’s workplan.
- As per the programme’s document, review and prepare all documents needed to conduct the Safety Audits, and coordinate with the targeted municipalities and relevant stakeholders. Review the findings of the Safety Audits and organize meetings and workshop with relevant counterparts to verify the findings and the identified interventions.
- Organize and coordinate capacity building trainings on designing safe and inclusive public spaces for the targeted municipal staff.
- Develop detailed workplan for the design and implementation of the safe and inclusive public space, and follow up on the implementation with the local authorities and the relevant counterparts;
- Conduct regular site visits and meetings to the selected municipalities to coordinate and oversee the implementation of the programme activities.
- Prepare monthly progress reports to brief the project manager and the project’s team on the progress made and, on any delays, or issues that might appear during the implementation.
- Prepare annual progress and financial reports that will be submitted to the donor.
- Building up and maintaining a network of local organisations and professionals working on related matters. Liaise with relevant counterparts with the Palestinian Authority, sister agencies and project partners on project activities, as requested by the Project Manager;
- Support the office in developing new programmes and drafting concept notes and project proposals.
- Support the Project Manager in proper knowledge management with regard to urban development and the design of safe and inclusive public spaces issues in the occupied Palestinian territory, strengthen information flow between UN-Habitat Regional Office and HQ, and local UN-Habitat office and partners through representation, liaison, networking, and attendance at meetings, workshops and conferences.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) preferably in urban planning, project management, development studies or related field.
Minimum of three (3) years working experience on urban planning and development issues.
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic;
- Proven reports writing skills in English and Arabic;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Proven understanding of critical urban and development issues in the occupied Palestinian territory including East Jerusalem;
- Familiarity with UN procedures will be an advantage;
- Sound judgment, excellent analytical skills, strong networking and interpersonal skills, ability to plan, organize and coordinate work and to cope with a demanding workload is expected
آخر موعد للتقديم
18 – Feb – 2019
رام الله والبيرة
– Please be aware that the UN-Habitat will review your application only if you have uploaded Personal History Form (P.11) to your application.
– You will get the opportunity to upload the P-11 at when you apply for the position.
– Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted.
– For more detailed information about UN-Habitat please visit our website at www.undp.ps.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now – تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة