Employment terms: Full-time, fixed term for 3 years
Line Manager: Director General of the Palestinian Museum
Manages: Digitization Manager, 3 Researchers and an Archive Editor
Budget responsibility: $1.9 million
Travel & destinations: historic Palestine, Jordan, and Lebanon
The Palestinian Museum is looking for a motivated and committed individual with a strong background in Information and Communication Technology, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the position, at least seven years’ managerial experience preferably in a cultural or artistic organization/project, , strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in English and Arabic and a background in Middle East and/or Palestine Studies is an asset.
The Palestinian Museum Digital Archive Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of the project. S/he will oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved on time and the budget is respected. The Project Manager will work closely with the Museum Director and the Deputy Director of Content and will collaborate with other departments for support.
The Project Manager is expected to travel frequently to establish partnerships for the project in the above-mentioned locations, and as necessary throughout the project life.
Project Management and Administration:
- Formulates and implements the project work plan with the project team under his/her supervision, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery throughout the project.
- Oversees the management of activities undertaken by the project team, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out effectively, and on budget and schedule;
- Coordinates work in the different areas both within the team, within the Palestinian Museum, with the project’s partners and with all client entities and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensures that the project progresses in accordance with its contractual obligations and is compliant with both donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of narrative and financial reports and presentations to the Museum director, the project donor, and the project lead consultant as appropriate.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among project staff and with the wider Palestinian Museum team.
- Leads on forming the project’s Advisory Committee which will be providing the needed technical support and guidance where/ as necessary.
- Manages guides, develops and facilitates digitization and digital preservation training of staff under his/her supervision, assigns clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective technical supervision and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Designs and oversees the project’s workflow from the scoping and research to digitizing, metadata development until the collections are properly archived and ready for public view.
- Manages the acquisition and maintenance of office and specialist reproduction equipment in collaboration with the head of digitization and other experts as needed.
- Manages the rolling development, delivery, and launch of the project’s online digital platform from the very first stages of technical development until launch to the public, according to the specifications and standards agreed with the donor. This includes making decisions on the choice of appropriate technology solutions, setting workflow for platform development with an external contractor and coordinating with the advisory board and other external advisors as necessary.
- Leads on establishing the project’s Archive Network Partners in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Manages digitization grants given to Archive Network Partners, monitors, evaluates and reports implementation progress and efficiency.
- Manages, guides, develops and facilitates digitization and preservation and relevant advisors.
- Works closely with the Palestinian Museum’s Resource Mobilization Manager to ensure compliance with programmatic targets, deliverables and reports.
Communication and Representation:
- Works closely with the Public Engagement and Production Manager to prepare the project’s 3-year communications and outreach plan in Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Makes research and online platform development process transparent to the project team and the larger museum staff. Organizes regular workshops to enhance understanding and participation of the staff in the project.
Performs other related duties as requested by the Museum’s Director General.
آخر موعد للتقديم
08 – May – 2018
رام الله والبيرة
Interested candidates may submit their applications online through Apply Now-button below, knowing that the latest date for submission of applications is Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Incomplete applications will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application will be reviewed on a rolling base.