Resident Field Coordinator (RFC) – Khalet Al-Mayya Cluster – VNG International Palestinian Branch Office
Background of VNG International
VNG International (www.vng-international.nl) is the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities. Our objective is to strengthen democratic local government, to support decentralization processes and to facilitate decentralized cooperation. We strengthen local governments, their associations, training institutes and decentralization task forces both in developing countries and in countries in transition.
VNG International is implementing Resilience Development Initiative (ARD). The project is funded by the European Union and aims at enhancing Palestinian Local Authorities contribution to governance and development process in Area C. As a pre-condition to more equitable open and democratic society.
The programme aims at strengthening the institutional and operational capacities of the Palestinian Local Authority Association (APLA) and enable APLA to better advocate for and lobby on issues related to Area C on behalf of its members (Local Authorities) LA. In addition to improve the capacity of Khalet Al Mayya Cluster LA’s capacities in providing services, in promoting local development and in contributing to the territorial development integration are enhanced.
- Responsible for project implementation supervision and day to day management of the action on the level of Khalet Al Mayya.
- Assist the project manager in detailing the design of the proposed assistance and follow up on its delivery.
- Follow up the coordination and implementation of the capacity building plan with relevant stakeholders and partners in Khalet Al Mayya.
- Take an active lead in collecting all needed data(pre &post survey which is required for M&E tools and its related objectives and indicators.
- Assist project manager in writing technical documents related to implementation activities, announcements, and technical evaluation.
- Participate and follow up with the Khalet Al Mayya cluster meetings and any other cluster/working group.
- Identify impediments or problems at the field level, report them and advance possible solutions.
- Propose and implement plans of works after discussion of strategies and approval of the project manager.
- Undertakes regular weekly monthly to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Assist the project manager to identify key advocacy and legal aid areas.
- Responsible for collecting security information in a daily basis and to update the project Manager about any concern/change in the situation.
- Assist in conducting risk assessment measures with coordination with the project manager to identify any major elements throughout the project
- Work with LA’s cluster and other actors involved in the Technical Committee (TC) to support preparation of project reports, donor reports etc.
- Maintains daily contacts with all project partners.
- Ensure strong accountability to beneficiaries.
- Liaise and collaborate with local authorities, local institutions, communities, other stakeholders and representatives of international organizations in the cluster level.
- Coordinate to deliver training and awareness campaigns sessions to beneficiaries.
- Provide day to day guidance to the LA; cluster in implementation of field activities. Reporting, lessons learnt and knowledge sharing.
The Resident Field Coordinator (RFC) will be based in Khalet Al Mayya local council. And is responsible for overall field coordination, program support. He/she will be working in collaboration with stakeholders and project partners. The field coordinator will report directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for overall program quality on a daily basis.
Period of the of the initial contract
One year with possibility of extension (With two months will be probation period.
Place of the assignment
Khalet Al Mayya, Southern Hebron , Palestine.
Relevant degree (minimum Bachelor’s) in development studies, social sciences, or other relevant field.
At least 2 years management experience in international humanitarian/emergency context. Experience in Local Development sector is considered a strong asset.
Working experience in Area C and/or with Palestinian communities
Excellent diplomacy skills, patience and clear communication skills.
Background in situation analysis, needs assessments and program implementation; experience working in/across operational functions is an asset.
Experience in report writing.
Demonstrated experience in external representation.
Good understanding of Palestine decentralization process.
Being Resident of Khalet Al Mayya cluster is a prior requirement for this vacancy.
Good understanding of logistics, HR and finance management, strong team management skills, strong internal and external coordination and representation skills, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal and analytical skills, strong in oral and written English is compulsory Excellent planning and organization skills; Excellent social, communication and networking skills, representative and flexible attitude. Strong research and analytical skills; strong computer skills (use of MS word ,Excel, Outlook and other relevant software).
Resident Field Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم
07 – Apr – 2018
رام الله والبيرة
Qualified candidates should send the most recent CV including Three professional contacts as references, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email addresses:
Deadline for submitting applications: Saturday , April 7th, 2018 no later than 4:00pm.
Please indicate the position title (RFC) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
VNG International is an equal opportunities employer.