The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project In Gaza strip a:
Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Main Responsibilities of the position:
- Identify social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipments in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects..
- Knows and respect MSF chart.
- Desirable degree in social work
- Two years minimum in a similar social job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Good knowledge of the local health network including the MOH and other actors
- English language proficiency both written and spoken,
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure and stress management capacity
Contract: 6 months contract with possible extension
آخر موعد للتقديم
12 – Apr – 2018
For those who find themselves to be eligible applicants, please send your C.V. by e-mail [email protected] (subject: Application- Physio) no later than Thursday 12/04/2018 at 5pm
Successful candidates only will be contacted for the written test and interview.
No telephone inquiries, please.