Sakiya is an international Art/Science/Agriculture residency program with a mandate to bring international and local practitioners together for academic, artistic, and ecological interventions to bridge fading local traditions of self-sufficiency with contemporary ecological practices. Sakiya arose from a belief that cultural initiatives must recognize and halt the alienating consumerist culture sweeping Palestine’s cities and the increasing number of disenfranchised youth all over our cities, villages, and refugee camps. Sakiya’s long-term approach maintains that through integrating farming and agrarian heritage into the fabric of contemporary arts and sciences, both sectors can be enriched.
Sakiya | Art | Science | Agriculture is seeking to recruit a consultant to undertake a strategic planning process and the formulation of a strategic plan to be completed in April of 2018. Given that Sakiya is a new and emerging initiative, there is a need to help the founders and advisory committee to determine the strategic framework and the work plan as well as identify important stakeholders, services, marketing and promotional tools, and fundraising strategy for the next three years. Sakiya has a draft vision, mission and strategic objectives as well as a work-plan that should serve as the basis for this exercise.
This consultancy is supported through “Visual Arts: A Flourishing Field” (VAFF) project, an A. M. Qattan Foundation project funded by the Consulate General of Sweden represented by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
- Master degree or higher in management, social sciences or related field.
- Extensive experience working with the NGO sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience conducting consultancy assignments and trainings to NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans for NGOs.
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Experience working in the cultural sector is preferred.
- Ability to conduct the consultancy between March 18 and April 19, 2018.
Selection criteria will include but not be limited to:
- Completeness and thoroughness of proposal submitted in response to this RFP.
- Background in Strategic planning and demonstrated ability and experience to provide quality work and appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise and relevant experience of assigned personnel.
- Previous experience in the arts and culture field is a plus.
- Suitability and practicality of the overall methodology.
- Experience in working with stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver within the time frame.
- Project costs, schedule and commitment to the project.
Strategic Planning Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم
25 – Mar – 2018
رام الله والبيرة
Please refer to the terms of reference attached in this post to respond to this Request for Proposals.
Please submit 2 copies of your financial and technical proposal in separate sealed envelopes or packages, clearly marked “Request for Proposals – Consulting Services – Strategic Plan Formulation – Financial Offer / Technical Offer”. Sakiya reserves the right to make additional copies for internal use as required.
Proposals must be received on Saturday or Sunday March 24 and 25 between 12 and 3pm at Qawasmi Engineering Consultants, Office #6, Floor #3, Mukhmas Building, Itha’a Street, Ramallah City Center.
All inquiries related to this Request for Proposals should be forwarded via email, to [email protected], by the end of March 21, 2018 at the latest.
Proposals submitted by email will not be accepted.