Community-Based Technical/Vocational Training Program
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Trainers and Instructors – Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) – JWBG is soliciting Expression of Interest from qualified and highly experienced technical and vocational education and training instructors and trainers in Gaza Strip interested to engage in consultancy work at IOCC’s newly established three Community-based Technical/Vocational Training Centers (CTTC) in Rafah, Khan Younis and North Gaza governorates in partnership with Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) and funding from Government of Japan. IOCC will screen the received trainers/instructors’ CVs and expression of interest letters and select a group of potential trainers/instructors for a further bidding process through which a final list of trainers/instructors will be selected according to their relevant specialties and technical and financial offers, to engage in implementing IOCC’s TVET training program at the three CTTCs.
To mitigate the impact of the difficult socio-economic circumstances facing youth in Gaza, IOCC has started implementing, in partnership with Peace Winds Japan and funding from Government of Japan, a three-year program to provide soft and technical/vocational skills-based training in non-conventional professions that will enable youth to find jobs and earn income.
The program targets unemployed youth (18-25 years of age). IOCC is running three technical/vocational training centers (CTTC), one in each of the most disadvantaged governorates of Gaza including Rafah, Khan Younis and Gaza North governorates. Each of these centers will offer technical/vocational training courses in the following identified sector areas:
- Solar energy and clean energy equipment and systems design and maintenance.
- Computer and networks software and hardware maintenance.
- Mobile phones software and hardware maintenance.
- Repair and maintenance of household appliances.
- Graphic design and multi-media, including animation production.
- Entrepreneurship Training.
- E-Commerce Training.
- Interpersonal skills Training.
The training centers will offer a five-month training course per a five-month semester duration. Each five-month course-duration will include a three-month period which will be dedicated for providing enrolled youth with theoretical and practical technical/vocational training in the related subjects. Furthermore, during this period, the enrolled youth will benefit from soft skills training in entrepreneurship, career counseling and placement services to help trainees find employment and/or initiate their own start-ups.
The remaining two-month period in each semester will be dedicated for enrollment of youth in internships within local businesses and industries, to transfer theoretical and practical skills for the subject market-driven non-conventional professions; namely, IT and mobile phone maintenance, solar panels and clean energy systems maintenance, as well as, multi-media and mass communication production.
Interested TVET Trainers and Instructors Should Meet the Following Basic Requirements:
- A relevant university degree (MA degree is preferable) in a relevant disciple of the training courses subjects, with three years experience in TVET education and/or relevant field.
- Proven track records of similar assignments and the ability to provide references as support.
- High level of tutoring/training/instructing skills.
- Proficient in interactive and practical teaching methodology skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understating of the Gaza TVET sector and market, problems, constraints, options, etc.
- Female candidate trainers/instructors are encouraged to apply.
Trainers and Instructors
آخر موعد للتقديم
16 – May – 2018
Interested Trainers/Instructors are invited to submit to IOCC their CVs in SOFT COPY, alongside a cover letter in English language indicating how they fit for such potential assignment, as well as, the training subjects they are interested to be engaged in. All CVs and interest letters should be sent to the following e-mail address no later than Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.