Work type: Temporary Appointment
Duration: 3 months
Applications Deadline: 27 April 2018
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, a Future
To learn more about working in Palestine please visit
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Supply & Logistics Officer, Jerusalem assists in the procurement of goods and services, in support of the SoP projects.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
1. Rapid and relevant responses and assistance provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergencies, with a priority on achieving value for money.
• Analyzes supply requests and compiles lists of local sources of procurement, contacts
• local vendors for price quotations, prepares summary of bids including tabulation of information on price and conditions of offer.
• Send out Solicitation documents and follow up with vendor on receipt of documents
• Drafts solicitation documents for procurement of goods and services
• Ensures orderly and updated system of procurement files for easy access and retrieval
• Draft Purchase Orders, Contracts, and LTA’s
• Send PO’s to suppliers and follow up to confirm they received the PO
• Ensures documents required for Zero Vat processing are obtained from suppliers
• Ensures Zero Vat requests are completed for each vendor and sent out for processing.
• Once Zero Vat approvals are obtained ensures they are sent to the suppliers in a timely fashion
• Follow up with suppliers to obtain signed PO acknowledgement page
• Complete confirmation for PO’s in vision
2. Integrity, standards and accountability monitored, administered and maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply and logistics management systems, procedures, documentation and accurate reporting.
• Assist in maintaining up to date supply tracking system to ensure proper follow up for all supplies under assigned projects. Maintain Supply Sales Order monitoring and tracking database.
• Carryout pre-delivery and after delivery inspections of orders. Ensure signature of goods by implementing partners and completion of transaction of hand over in Vision.
• Follow up with suppliers on the timely delivery of goods and coordinate delivery to the end recipients for the assigned Sales Orders.
• Organize Invoices, with all required paperwork such as Invoice, VAT clearance and delivery notes, copy of PO and submit to programme section for payment processing
• Follow up with payment processing in Vision and close Purchase orders and contracts that have been completed.
3. Effective collaboration and partnership in supply with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
• Liaise with Programme staff to ensure draft sales orders are authorized in time
• Coordinates meetings of the Tender Committee to ensure timely bid openings
• Collaborate with Programme sections on needs and consolidate requirements.
• Networking with CO Supply/Logistics staff to ensure efficient exchange of information
4. Knowledgeable delivery of quality services contributing to achievement of work objectives.
• Follow up in all procurement issues for assigned Sales Orders starting from receiving evaluations sheets to certification of supply invoices.
• Compile needs of the USAID funded WASH project in Gaza and assist on follow up actions.
• Participate in end-user monitoring and tracking of programme supplies to implementing partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
• Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative experience in supply chain or a commercial context is required, of which at least 2 years in procurement.
• Experience with supply related modules within UNICEF ERP system is an advantage.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and writing).
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
• Applying technical expertise
• Planning and Organizing
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Adapting and Responding to Change
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now button below
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.